Searching for God knows what

This is a blog created as an application, a search for dedication, mystery, and resolve to be more reflective and write more. That said, this will be a forum for my thoughts, my theological and philosohpical explorations, and might include snipets of creative projects: literary and otherwise.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Praying for: Men of the city

This day was a call to pray for faithful men of the city. When I first read this, I thought, OMG, I do not want to pray for men, what have they done anyway? Then the importance of praying for men caught me--how many kids do I know with stable father figures? How many kids look up to their male teachers and hang on to their every words because they have no father in the household? And how many mothers do I know who have been hurt by their sons, either intentionally or by omission? Yes, righteous and faithful men are much needed in the city. I do pray for men, that God would raise up mighty men who are faithful to their families and will advocate for justice and not give in to the overwhelming, consuming nature of our society. I pray for iconoclast men--who say money, sex, and drugs are not happiness and are willing to fight and stand up to these forces which seek to kill and destroy their families and their own lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home