Searching for God knows what

This is a blog created as an application, a search for dedication, mystery, and resolve to be more reflective and write more. That said, this will be a forum for my thoughts, my theological and philosohpical explorations, and might include snipets of creative projects: literary and otherwise.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Having Fun

Just recently, I've started having fun. We're talking real fun, where I feel like I can let go of every stress, worry, anxiety, emotion, and just enjoy. I don't have to get hysterically laughing, and I don't have to have some kind of thrill seeking, but I am enjoying some plain old fashioned fun. Maybe it's because I've reached this point in my healing where I can really celebrate. Maybe it's moving into a new house. Maybe it's the end of servant partners internship. Whatever the underlying factors, I'm having a blast--here's a sampling of what I've been up to:
I spent the morning on the beach with myself, reading a book, went on a run, packed a picnic, played with the kid at the next umbrella. I took myself out for frozen yogurt.
I spent an evening (well, let me buzz in: many evenings!) playing "Rock Band" with Ben, Rex, and Kevin. It was hilarious.
I hiked up a trail on the fourth of July with Ben, Rex and David. It over looked the entire city, we could see a million different fire works shows.
I attended a BBQ for some of the people in the neighborhood. It was so cool to hang out and meet new people, and be able to be myself!
I've been reading a ridiculous amount of books, I've read 2 1/2 in the last week.
Anyway, that gives you an idea. Nothing real fancy, but I have just been really enjoying myself. I think I've finally learned how to celebrate. Praise God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home